Name:
Location: Kentucky

Just an old guy who would like to do his part to help our nation and our citizens get out of debt and stay that way. Being debt-free is an important freedom and helps us be be more able to protect our other freedoms.

Monday, July 18, 2005

The Difference between Democrats and Republicans

Am I hopelessly biased, or is this little story an apt summation of the difference between the lives and priorities of Democrats and Republicans? We just returned from a week in Hilton Head, where I counted 79 Bush-Cheney bumperstickers and 0 Kerry-Edwards stickers, so I may be hypersensitive to the notion that Republican and privileged are synonymous terms. I know there is a movement to encourage wingnut political Christians to move to South Carolina and take it over, but what I saw in Hilton Head was more an enclave of privilege. And these folks don't seem to be sending their children to fight their war.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

Thank you, Mr. RatBastard. Your comment provides some much-needed perspective on why President George W. Bush is so well-respected and perhaps even provides some insight into the thinking of many who voted for him. I will decline your kind invitation to go live in Russia. May I come live in your state, instead? I, too, think they can have bumper stickers and a state flag although I try to respect thise who do not express themselves using bumperstickers and the Confederate flag.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home